An Irish proverb has said "A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book". It is thus no wonder that doctors and health experts alike are nowadays talking about the benefits of sleep and how sleep disorders can affect our health seriously. It thus becomes very essential that we get at least 7 to 8 hours of good quality sleep. If somebody says that "I slept like a log", then she should be envied. If you are amongst the ones who have problems in being able to sleep well or being able to sleep at all, then read on.. Sleep disorder affects at least 25% of the population in the US. Modern lifestyle with the pressure of job, family, health can take a toll on our sleep patterns. People who are stressed have problems in being able to sleep well. So do people who suffer from health problems. People who have issues with their health also face sleep disorders.
What is the remedy to sleeplessness, one may ask. Memsaab brings to you some tips on how to improve your sleep.
1. Set a time everyday for you to hit the sack. Try to stick to this time as much as possible.
2. Do not consume tea or coffee after dinner. Both contain caffeine which is a stimulant and can affect your sleep.
3. Do consume warm milk before going to bed. It is said to help you sleep better.
4. Do not carry the stresses of the day with you to the bed. Leave your work at the office.
5. Do not read any exciting novel in the bed. It affects your sleep.
6. Do meditate and pray in the night before going to bed. It de-stresses you.
7. Invest in a good mattress for your bed. This is important because at times it is the mattress who is the culprit.
8. Switch off the light. Brightness affects your sleep.
9. Do not watch television late in the night.
10. De-stress by doing meditation. It is said that meditation helps you sleep much better.
11. Keep a calm disposition. Do not let things affect you or de-stress you.
These are a few of the tips that we were able to compile to help you sleep better. Please do let us know if the above tips have helped you sleep better.