They do not call it the Elixr Of Life just for nothing. Our body comprises of 70% water and it is thus very important that we consume enough of water to keep ourselves in good health. Doctors and health experts say that at least 8 glasses of water a day is a must. But for people who are active or who perspire more than usual, it is important to consume more water.
Many a times when we get too busy during the day, we do not realise that we are not consuming water. It is important that we keep a bottle filled with water on our desks so that we can consume it during regular intervals. Memsaab.com urges our readers to drink safe water that is filtered and/or boiled. Please do not substitute drinking aerated drinks and tea/coffee with drinking water. By consuming more water we ensure that the toxins in our body are flushed out. There are other important benefits of consuming more water which we enumerate below:
1. Drinking more water may give relief to people who are constipated.
2. It aids the process of digestion and improves your health.
3. Drinking more water ensures that the body does not get dehydrated especially during hot summers and when you are out in the sun. It may thus help you from having a sunstroke if your body is well stocked with water. Nevertheless, ensure that you carry an umbrella or wear a hat when you are in the hot sun for a longer time.
4. It improves the funtioning of our kidneys and ensures that the nutrients that we derive from eating food are delivered to all parts of the body.
5. By drinking enough water your hair retains moisture and are less prone to damage.
6. Your skin is moisturized and is supple and younger looking.
7. It improves your immunity since you are less prone to falling ill.
8. It improves your general sense of well being.
We at Memsaab are sure that the benefits that we have mentioned above will convince our readers that drinking enough water is important and necessary and our readers will drink water from trusted sources or that is filtered and/or boiled.