If you are trying to lose weight, nothing works as well as the Low Carb Diet. Many popular diet fads, from all over the world, are based on the simple rule of reducing the carbohydrate content in your diet. This alteration in your diet gives amazing results and helps people in losing weight. But the long term effects of this diet are debatable. So the low carb diet should not be used for long periods of time. However, if you are looking to shed a few pounds, you may embark on the low carb diet. Here are a few steps that will make the transition easier and more productive for you:
Steps Towards Starting A Low Carb Diet
1. Limit the bad Carbs. A low carb diet is aimed at reducing the intake of simple carbohydrates. So try to focus on complex carbs like whole wheat chapatis/pasta etc, eliminating simple carbs like white flour, white sugar etc.
2. Choose foods with low Glycemic Index. The foods with lowest glycemic index are apples, broccoli, asparagus, apricot etc.
3. Read what you eat. Whenever you buy foodstuffs, make sure that you read the labels. The labels always mention the carb and fat content of the food. Choose what works with your diet.
4. Stock carefully. If you are a working woman, chances are that you stock your kitchen shelves and refrigerator with enough foodstuffs to last you a week. Be careful what you stock with. Focus on low carb options and avoid buying chips, crackers, biscuits, fried snacks etc.
5. Add Paneer. A low carb diet works well only if you support it with a high protein intake. So gorge on paneer, tofu, egg, lean meat and soy products.
Like any other diet, the Low Carb diet is also not supposed to work miracles. It works only if you work hard at sustaining the diet and support it with an active lifestyle. So try to inculcate some form of activity or exercise into your daily routine. Exercise helps in improving the body's metabolism and flexibility. It also burns off whatever calories you consume everyday. What's more, it is good for your muscles, joints and bones. So go for it, gal!