It’s the wedding season again!!!
The stars are all shining brightly and smiling upon you. The weather is just “perfect”. What a great time to get married! But hey, have you finalized your honeymoon destination yet?
As you plan your wedding, the parties and functions, chances are that you have completely ignored this aspect of your marriage. Most of the time, couples feel too shy to discuss this with families, or even with each other. Not surprising, considering that we have 80% marriages arranged by families in our country. Shyness is a way of life with us.
So Memsaab brings you a list of the Top Honeymooning Destinations in India.
• Himachal Pradesh: “Shimla” has been the favorite for honeymooning couples in India for decades. Manali, Kullu and Shimla can form an interesting trip lasting for 5-7 days. Since Chandigarh is nearby, you could drop in “The City Beautiful” for a visit as well.
• Uttaranchal: Not very different from Himachal, Uttaranchal is also a lovely and romantic spot that attracts tourists and honeymooners. Mussourie is not called “The Queen of Hill Stations” for nothing! Dehradun, Rishikesh and Haridwar are spots that should not be missed if you are in the region. From adventure sports to spirituality to beautiful mountains and scenic locations, Uttaranchal has them all.
• Goa: Mumbai and Goa can be combined with a romantic cruise. Goa is a hot spot for honeymooning couples in the West. It has such an international feel to it that you could even pretend to be in Mauritius or Seychelles! Everything about Goa is romantic, casual and holiday-like.
• Kerala: If you wish to sneak away to scenic locales, away from the maddening crowd, Kerala is the place to go. The backwaters of Kerala are known for their therapeutic and calming effect on body, mind and soul. Not only is the place extremely beautiful and natural, it offers many things like yoga centers, ayurvedic massage places etc.
• Rajasthan: Udaipur, Jaipur, Mount Abu, Jaiselmer…Rajasthan is one huge tourist attraction. This is definitely a great season to visit the state as the summer season has not begun yet. Rajasthan is an extremely romantic place, especially for people who love history and culture.
• Palace-on-Wheels: This is one of the Top 10 luxury trains in the world. A trip to the Taj Mahal or Udaipur Lake Palace is made even more romantic if you travel with this train. It will make your honeymoon special and extra romantic.
There are two reasons why you should plan your honeymoon beforehand:
1. If you have everything pre-planned, you can leave within 2-3 days of the wedding. This will give you both a chance to get to know each other before you begin your married life with in laws.
2. A honeymoon trip planned in advance can save you big bucks. Booking your tickets and hotels in advance can get you attractive discounts. So go for it!