Your months of efforts and pains can go in the drain if only one of your ten beautifully manicured tips chip off! Maintaining long, beautiful, feminine fingernails is no child’s play!
Simply letting your nails grow will not give you stunning tips. However, dead these cells may be, nails still require a lot of care and regular maintenance in order to keep them strong and healthy.
Here are a few tips that will help you maintain long finger nails for long…
• Manicure is a must! To keep your tips clean and strong, get them manicured regularly! It will not only keep your nails beautiful, but will also keep them healthy so that you can dare to experiment with your nail paints and piercing skills! So, don’t shy away from shelling a few bucks for your beautiful fingers.
• Paint for strength! Nail polishes don’t just enhance your nails’ beauty; they also strengthen your nails and protect them from wear and tear. Provided, you use the right quality nail paint! If you do not wish to put on a colour all the time, you may use a strengthening clear polish. Use it regularly for proper protection.
• File your nails everyday! It doesn’t take much time or effort, but goes a long way to keep your nails in shape, preventing them from chipping off due to odd, protruding ends. Keep a filer in your hand while watching TV or chatting on the phone.
• Repair broken nails immediately. Clip and file the broken nail carefully, before it takes away the rest of the nail with it and worsens the situation!
• If you are really determined to protect your nails from chipping off in odd situations, carry a nail repair kit with you wherever you move out of the house. Keep it in your purse and in case of an emergency, use the nearest washroom to bring your nails back in shape!
• Clean daily! Particularly, clean underneath your nails to protect them and yourself from getting infected.
• Use water wisely! Water softens your nails, so avoid keeping hands in water for a long time. They tend to become soggy and break away easily. On the other hand, when you are trimming your nails to give them the exact shape you desire, wet them a little. It will make things easier for you!