“A Penny saved is a penny earned.”
As kids or as teenagers we do not realize the importance of money. But as we grow older and the responsibilities of life are thrust upon us, we do learn to rise to the occasion. More and more married women seek ways and tips on saving money and investing. Saving money is not really very difficult. It just requires meticulous habits and carefulness. Once you imbibe all these tips, you will find your own purse heavier and your mind lighter.
If you are a working woman, you’d surely want to make sure that your hard-earned money is not wasted. And if you are a housewife, you can contribute even more by keeping those ‘faltoo’ expenses in check. And saving money is just the beginning. You should also learn to handle investments on your own. But let’s keep that aside for some other time. So here are some easy money-saver tips for you guys…
• Keep tabs on your credit card bills and also on those of your husband. It is always best to stick to real paper money when you go out shopping. But if you do use your credit card, please always remember to pay the bill in time. Credit card companies levy very high interest rates. More often than not, bills go unpaid just because of laziness or procrastination. Make sure this does not happen to you.
• Invest your money in tax-saving options and you can save some of your income tax liability.
• Try to use the public transport wherever possible. In cities like Delhi and Kolkata, the metro is such a great option. You can of course choose to drive yourself to work everyday. But you will be bearing the excessive cost of fuel, taking undue stress while driving, paying a parking fee and also be spending more time commuting. Now, the decision is yours to make!
• When at home, make sure no appliance runs on when required. Switch off the fan and the lights when you leave a room. Try to minimize the use of your air-conditioner. Let some fresh air in. use a desert cooler as an alternative to the AC, which consumes far more electricity.
• Go for the energy saving appliances. In modern times, almost all appliances come in energy saving variants. Choose these whenever possible.
• Review all the services you buy. We are talking about your telephone, cable, cell-phone and broadband connections. Usually some money saving deals and plans are available. Ask for information regarding these and make the required changes in your chosen plans.
• Try to reduce the amount of fuel you use in your kitchen. For e.g. if you want to boil the milk, take it out of the refrigerator and keep it aside in the kitchen for 30-40 minutes before you actually boil it. This will bring the milk to room temperature and you’ll save some fuel.
All of these tips are practical and easy to remember. So try these till we bring you more tips related to saving while shopping etc. Till then, Happy Saving!!!