Frizzy or the I just had an electric shock hair can be a nightmare for anyone. But the problem is more pronounced during the summer months that cause serious, and at times permanent, damage to your crowning glory. So if you dont want to look like a mad woman who just got an electric shock, read on further. We bring you tips on how to keep your hair smooth and shiny through the hot and humid summer months.
1. Avoid the hair dryer. When God has given us the (too) brightly shining sun, wheres the need for an artificial dryer honey? The hot air will damage the cuticles of your hair and add to the frizz. So you better put away the drier.
2. Trim your hair regularly. If you want to avoid the split ends, youve got to give your hair a break, literally! Yes, your hair needs a trim every six months or so. Just like your husband needs a lecture every week or so!
3. Get a preconditioning treatment. If you get professional mask treatments for your face, why leave out the hair? Get a hair mask at your favorite spa or parlor at least once a month. After all, what is your husband (and you) making so much money for?
4. Get rid of the flakes. Dry hair and dry scalp are almost always preceded by dandruff. So get rid of those dandruff flakes before they ruin your lovely hair. Use a good dandruff fighting shampoo along with a conditioner. This is also necessary if you want to be able to carry black colored tops and dresses in style!
5. Use a softening serum. A post shampoo softener will help you avoid the tangles, thereby preventing breakage. It is a good idea to carry a small bottle in your purse when you go out. Thus youll always be armed against the static.
6. Avoid chemical treatments. If you have frizzy or dry hair, avoid coloring, perming, straightening or any other chemical treatment for your hair. Give your hair time to get back in good health before you consider torturing it further with chemicals.
7. Use sunscreen for your hair. Did you know that hair products like shampoos and conditioners also come with inherent sunscreens? Well, they do. So next time you go to shop for a shampoo or conditioner, look for a product that offers protection from the harmful UV rays.
8. Finally, if nothing works, wear a scarf to cover that mass of frizz!!!