Aadhaar number is mandatory to be linked to all your mobile numbers. Without the Aadhaar documentation, none of the mobile numbers will run as valid. To make the users link their Aadhaar card with their mobile number in an easy way, IVR system has been implemented recently. The online process to link Aadhaar to mobile number just requires users to make a call to a centralized number and enter an OTP.
Here below are the easy steps that you can follow to link UID with your SIM online:
- Make a call to 14546
- On the call, you will have to give accord to link Aadhaar with your phone number by pressing 1
- After that, you need to provide your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone
- Then you need to enter your phone number
- You will be asked to give consent to your operator to pick your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI database
- Enter the OTP you received on SMS
- Press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process
- If you hold another phone number, you can link that too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system
The Department of Telecommunications had directed telecom operators to provide three ways to enable their customers to link their Aadhaar card with mobile SIMs. These were: OTP-based, mobile app-based and IVRS. "These new methods will help subscribers to get their mobile number linked to Aadhaar without visiting the stores of the telcos (telecom companies)," the Department of Telecom (DoT) had said in a press release earlier this year.
The new IVR-based Aadhaar system can help the mobile phone subscribers to link their SIM from sitting in their home. Earlier, they had to visit the store to get the linking done. Isn’t this IVR system more user-friendly?