Everyone wants perfect skin, and most of us know what it takes to get that perfect flawless glow on our faces. Yet we ignore our skin and then complain and put the blame on bad genes! Why do you think actors have such glowing faces? Most of it is attributable to surgical procedures and make-up. But you can't deny that the people who use their looks for a living indeed take very good care of themselves, their bodies, hair and skin.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your skin and get that envious warm glow on your face.
- Start by identifying the issues you have with your skin. Do you have pores, acne, or scars? Try to analyze what kind of skin you have. Is it dry, normal, oily or combination? These things will tell you what kind of products will work best for your skin.
- Daily TLC that has been prescribed for ages still holds true. Cleansing, toning and moisturising takes only 5 minutes every day. If you get into this habit, it will change the way you look today and the way you age in the next couple of decades.
- It is very important that you remove your makeup before going to bed at night. Your skin should be able to breathe and not be bogged down by warpaint!
- Exfoliation is important. It helps you get rid of dead skin cells and keeps skin looking fresh.
- Home made face packs are great for your skin. Most Indian kitchens have all the great ingredients like curd, honey, almonds, tomatoes, cucumbers, turmeric, coconut oil etc. You just need to find what works for you and use a face pack every week.
- Drink water and keep your body & skin hydrated throughout the day. Eat a well balanced diet comprising lots of protein, minerals and vitamins.
Work towards building good general health with regular exercise, drinking lot of water and eating nourishing meals. Put a little effort into taking good care of your skin, and you will be very happy to see the results!