We live in a very st paced world, where we want everything to be done FAST. This also applies to our cooking, this is why we invented pressure cookers. Though pressure cookers were hailed as energy savers initially, it is now believed that the traditional slow cooking methods were much better for health!
So today we have in the markets an appliance called the slow cooker. Yes, it is an exact opposite of pressure cookers. It is much alike the age old angeethi, or can be compared to cooking on coals.
Benefits of Slow Cooking
- Nutrition is preserved in this method of cooking. The natural juices of vegetables and meats are retained, so food is both flavourful and nutritious.
- If you are a working woman, this can be a good friend! Just prep your dinner and put it in the slow cooker. Food will be ready and warm as soon as you get home in the evening.
- All you need to do is the initial prep i.e. washing, chopping etc. Say goodbye to hours of slaving over a cooker or kadai.
- You don't need to worry about electricity bills as slow cookers don't consume a lot of energy.
- It is easy to clean up as the cooking pot is made of ceramic and food doesn't stick on to it as much as to a traditional pot or cooker.
As you see, there are many benefits of cooking your food in a slow cooker. Why don't you buy one if you don't have one already?