As the anticipations for rains creep up on us, state by state, we can see a wave of joy overcome the people as monsoon spreads its wings. The weather gets lovely and clean, though it does get a little chilly. Naturally, this is not the time to enjoy chilly drinks or foods. This is time to enjoy warm food. So we bring you top foods that go with the monsoon season. You can't miss them!
1. Vada Pav: Mumbaikars eat the humble vada pav day in day out, hot or cold. But for the rest of us, this is a dish that goes perfectly with rains.
2. Bhutta: Even God anticipated that the bhutta will go well with rains, that must be why this food item is so readily available in this season!
3. Hot Pakoras: Who can say no to a plate of onion and potato bhajiyas on a rainy day? Add a few spinach and baingan fritters too and you've got an irresistible snack!
4. Chai-Samosa: Delhi swears by this deadly monsoon combo - a hot cup of tea and a hot n crispy samosa. Yummmy!
5. Pav Bhaji: Another dish from Mumbai, goes very well with a chilly and wet day.
So now you know what to cook when you have a cold and wet day to enjoy with your family!