There is great influence of TV on our youth. They see their favorite TV characters (in American and Indian shows) living out the fun life, all by themselves. They watch these young characters living alone, partying all the time, and they think that they are missing on all the fun by living with family. Ouch, that must hurt!
But is living alone really all that fun? Here are a few things that TV characters don't reveal about living alone.
- You have to pay all the bills. Nobody else will do it for you now!
- Feeling lonely, a lot!
- Having to do all the chores yourself. No siblings or parents to help you out.
- Always cook your own meals, or eat out. Missing mom's dal-chawal?
- Nobody to take care of you when you are sick!
- Nobody to share your laughter and tears with.
Turns out, living alone is quite a big challenge. Jump into it only when you are very sure about it.