In a clinical study, it was found that regular consumption of Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds) have a significant impact on reproductive health in females. 50 women in the age group 18-45 were studied to observe the health benefits of methi seeds, focussing on the female reproductive health. The results are an indication that women who suffer from PCOS should consume these seeds regularly to relieve the symptoms. Here is what the researchers found:
The average BMI of the sample population was 23.88 and they had adequate hepatic, renal and hematological functions. Most patients had prolonged menstrual cycle (81%) and a few had irregular cycle (10%). Rest of the patients (10%) had primary infertility.
1. A significant reduction in the ovary size was found amongst the sample population.
2. 36% of the population showed complete dissolution of ovarian cysts.
3. 46% of the sample population were observed to show a significant reduction in the size of their ovarian cysts.
4. 71% of the patients reported regularization of their menstrual cycles.
5. 12% of the patients got pregnant!
6. Overall 94% of the sample population observed some benefits or positive outcome from the study.
This clearly shows that if you are a PCOS patients, you must give methi seeds a try!
Soak up a spoonful of the seeds overnight. Drink this water in the morning on an empty stomach. Eat the seeds a half hour before lunch and dinner. Repeat every day for a few months to see some effect.