Most of the people who browse the internet for information on healthy eating are troubled one or more of lifestyle diseases associated with our generation. High BP, obesity, high cholestrol and diabeties are the most common problems that a lot of people are battling. If you also suffer from one or more of these, you need to learn how to snack judiciously without feeling guilty later. It is easy to manage healthy meals, but mid-meal hunger pangs are the undoing of a lot of health-conscious people!
How to Snack Without Guilt
It's simple, just choose snacking options that will help you in managing your health issues. The best options are:
1. Nuts and Seeds: An assortment of nuts and seeds is a great way to lower your cholestrol and improve your immunity against disease. Just remember to not overdo it because nuts and seeds are high in calories and overdoing them may interfere with your efforts to lose weight.
2. Fruit: Apples, papaya, melons, watermelons, grapefruit etc are all very healthy choices that will actually help you in losing weight and controlling your cholestrol and blood sugar etc.
3. Green Tea: The Chinese swear by it and now amny Indians have also switched over to green tea. It is said to help in controlling weight and other lifestyle diseases.
4. Oat Bran: Oats are very high in fibre and help with weight loss. They also help in cholestrol control. Avoid oatmeal as it has been stripped of all the good fibre.
5. Salads: Your favorite salads dressed in lemon and olive oil are a good bet to keep hunger in check without feeling guilty or piling on the kilos later.