You know its time to clean your fridge when you spend 10 minutes to find an item, dairy begins to spoil, juices from a rotten vegetable have spilled out, there is a general stink in the fridge, and it's been months since you last did it. Does the thought of cleaning out your fridge give you the creeps? Well, there's no need to worry coz this is a really simple task that can be managed easily and in little time. You just need to want to do it!
How To Clean Your Fridge?
1. Start by turning off the fridge and taking out every single item from the fridge. Put everything on the kitchen counter.
2. Now take out all removable shelves, drawers etc from the fridge and wash them all with warm soapy water. Use a scrub to give a good clean surface.
3. Now take soapy water with a scrub and clean the surfaces inside the fridge. Once you are done, it is time to clean the outside surfaces of the fridge, the door, sides and the handle.
4. Leave everything to dry out.
5. Now it's time to sort out the food items. Start by discarding everything that's too old, moldy, smelly, disntegrating, past its shelf life or spoiling.
6. Change all plastic or glass containers with new clean and dry ones.
7. Lastly, you can now put all the food items back into the referigerator. Your fridge is now as good as new.
8. Repeat at least every 4-5 weeks.