We all wish to be healthy & fit and look fabulous. But few of us have the time or money to spend at a proper gymnasium. This is where the question of buying a treadmill comes in. It is a one time investment that provides returns for decades. But should you buy one?
Advantages of Owning a Treadmill
- You can workout at any time you want without having to go to a gym.
- You can enjoy a good workout whether its raining outside or whether it's hot and sunny.
- You can be fit and healthy without having to shell out a big pile of cash at the gym every year.
- You can workout in the privacy of your home. This is important for people who are embarassed by their bodies.
Disadvantages of Owning a Treadmill
- Running on a Treadmill causes wastage of energy because the body does not bend forward as much as when we run on the ground.
- When you run on the ground or in a park, you learn to watch out for obstacles and hurdles like stones, pits etc. This makes your mind sharper besides giving you a good workout!
- Running in a park or in a natural environment makes the body and mind calm and relaxed. The fresh air has a lot more going for it as compared to the treadmill indoors.
- Usually people buy treadmills, but don't use them a lot. This is because running on a treadmill is a little boring and there is not much motivation to do it. But when you go out to run, you meet people and enjoy the fresh air and natural beauty. These things motivate people to go out everyday.
So whether you buy a treadmill or not, it is important to make sure you get your exercise any way. You could run on the treadmill, or run in the park. The imporant thing is to keep running!