We wait for the monsoons al the year round. This is that time o fthe year when everything turns green, the sun mellows down and a cool breeze mingles with drops of water and makes everything lovely and serene. This is easily the best time of the year to go out and have fun with your family. It is the perfect time to plan a weekend getaway to a lovely spot near your town.
Here are the Top 5 destinations that nature lovers must check out at least once in their lifetime!
1. Goa: Undoubtedly it is like paradise if you love water and greenery. Goa boasts of unspoiled beaches and natural beauty that remains unparalleled. Great Portuguese architecture if you are into built environment!
2. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand: Valley of Flowers is a National Park in Uttarakhand that few people know of. It is a picturesque park spread over miles that is also home to various endangered species.
3. Spiti Valley: This is a desert valley high up in the Himalyas in Himachal Pradesh. The valley is in the middle of India and Tibet and shows Budhist influences in its culture. It's a must-see for everyone who longs for unspoilt beauty of nature.
4. Shillong: The knowledge that North East parts of our country receive a good deal of rainfall has turned away the monsoon traveller for decades. But the truth is that this is the time when places like Shillong are clean and beautiful. There is a lot of greenery and many waterfalls that you wouldn't see otherwise.
5. The Western Ghats: If you live in Maharashtra, you have this array of little hill stations to choose from that line the Ghats on Sahyadri range. Mahabaleshwar, Lavassa, Matheran, Khandala, Lonavala etc are all beautiful weekend getaways for the Mumbai folks!