Medical experts say that most people consume too much salt in their diet, and we Indians consume a lot more than our Western counterparts. We owe a lot to salt when it comes to proper functioning of the body. But excess salt (Sodium) intake can do you more harm than good. Here's how:
5 Reasons Why You Should Restrict Salt Intake
1. Excess Sodium intake leads to Hypertension. When your blood pressure rises, it puts you at risk of a stroke.
2. Salt consumption is also linked to incidence of Cancer. Research suggests that high consumption of Sodium, through table salt, may lead to stomach cancer.
3. Excessive salt intake can lead to Osteoporosis. The more salt you consume, more is the amount of Calcium that your body flushes out in urine. Ultimately, your bones may start dissolving.
4. It is believed that lowering salt intake can reduce the incidence and intensity of migraine headaches.
5. Low Sodium diet also helps with Asthma, Kidney sones and Ulcers.