So you love pasta? Who doesn't? But one thing we all hate is that when we go out to eat pasta, we pay a lot of money but the portion size doesn't seem to justify it. Even if you buy uncooked pasta from a store, it seems really expensive. But did you know that pasta is pretty simple and easy to make at home. Home made pasta is fresh and tastes better too, not to mention the fact that it is much cheaper!
Fresh Home Made Fettuccine
Flour: 400 g
Salt to taste
Oil: 2 tbsp
1. Make a smooth dough by mixing all the ingredients above. Knead it well and then leave it to sit for 15 minutes, covered with a damp cloth.
2. If you have a pasta machine, roll out pasta sheets for cutting. But if you don't, use your good old belan!
3. Keep the thickness like that of a thin chapati and roll out the dough into sheets for cutting. Once you have the sheet, dust it with flour and roll it into a roll. Now cut this roll uniformly so that each cut is 1 mm away from the previous one.
4. Now unroll all the cut pieces and you have your ribbon pasta ready to cook!
1. Boil the pasta immediately after cutting. Add salt to the boiling water and cook pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Now it's time to make the sauce for your pasta. You can chop up and cook garlic, vegetables, tomatoes etc and do a combination that your family will enjoy.
3. Place the pasta on the plates. Drizzle the sauce over your pasta.
4. Serve with garlic bread or alone. Enjoy!