Everyone knows that sex is great fun. Most people would rate it on the top of their list of Most Fun Activities. Yet many people fall prey to bad health and disease due to their sexual activities. The age at which people lose their virginity is becoming lower with every passing year, but youngsters do not bother with getting the required information for safe sex before entering into a sexual relationship. So we bring you a few tips on how to practice safe sex so that it can be a fun activiy for you and your partner without any fear or worries.
Tips For Safe Sex
- If having sex with someone for the first time, spend a few minutes talking before you do it. Try to find out about his/her sexual experience. This will help you in guaging the risk you will be exposed to.
- Condoms are a must. Only people trying to conceive should give up on using condoms. Everyone else should always use them. These little things prevent spread of STDs and also help in contraception.
- Use some over-the-counter lubrication if required. Today we get lubricated condoms also and they are great for enhancing pleasure as well as easier to use.
- Never mix sex and alcohol. Drinking impairs good judgment and if mixed with sex, it can lead to bad circumstances. You may forget to use protection and might end up getting pregnant!
- Check the condom for breakge and leakage. After sex, fill up your condom with water to check for tear/breakage. If you see water leaking, it's time for emergency contraception.
- Never do something you don't want to. Your partner may expect you to turn kinky tricks in bed, but if you are not comfortable with it, you can say NO.
- Avoid sex with multiple partners. This is something that can spread infections and disease, not to mention the emotional complications!
- Oral sex should also be performed with a condom on. Unprotected oral sex can lead to spread of HIV infections. Use a flavoured one if you prefer.
Lastly, if you have any doubts or questions, ask someone you trust. Do not enter into a sexual relation without full comprehension of what it entails. Ignorance is not bliss in this case!