So there's dal khichdi, palak khichdi, vegetable khichdi, dahi khichdi...but have you ever tried Egg Khichdi? It tastes delicious, is very nutritious and makes a great breakfast dish. Here's how:
2 cups og boiled/leftover rice
1 Chopped tomato
1 Chopped onion
Green chillies & curry leaves
Mustard seeds, oil and seasonings
1. Heat a little oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
2. Add the chopped onion, green chillies and the curry leaves. Cook till onion turns a light golden colour.
3. Add the eggs and the seasonings at this point. Stir so that big lumps do not form.
4. When the egg is cooked, add the tomatoes and cook more.
5. Now add the rice and stir well. Cover with a lid and turn the heat to low. Add a little water if you think it is too dry for your taste.
6. Garnish with fried chillies or coriander and serve hot.