Most modern families, couples and singles are living a fast, busy and tough life in the big cities. So ordering your dinner, eating out or using canned/tinned food is becoming more and more common. But there are times when you feel like cooking for yourself. This is when you go into the kitchen all geared up to cook something great...and find that you don't even have the staples required! This is why every kitchen should always be stocked with a few basic essential staple ingredients.
Must Haves For Your Kitchen/Pantry
1. Rice & Flour: These are the staples of our Indian diet. Make sure you never run out of these basics.
2. Salt, Sugar & Spices: Can you have a decent meal without salt or sugar? The 3 S's are a must have!
3. Ketchup: Goes well with everything from sandwiches to pastas and pizzas.
4. Oil: Refined oil or olive oil, whatever you use.
5. Cereal: Oats, wheat/corn flakes, muesli etc should always be available for when you might want breakfast.
6. Vinegar/Soy Sauce: Great for the people who like to cook occassionally. Add zest and flavour to your food.
7. Bread: Nobody should ever run out of sliced bread and that's a rule!
8. Maggie: If you are a working mom, you already know this, right?
9. Garlic/Ginger/Onions: No Indian meal is complete without these basic ingredients. The good thing is that they can be stored for a long period of time easily.
10. Dairy Items: Milk, curds and paneer are regular items we all consume. But depending on how often you cook, you should stock these in your fridge. Everyone should always have milk though.
If you have these basics in your kithen, you can easily rustle up a meal for yourself and your loved ones without many problems.