The latest to catch the fancy of all health, nutrition and fitness freaks is the little "Flax Seed". Flax seeds are extremely healthy for you and you would be doing yourself a favour if you included them in your daily diet.
What Makes Flax Seeds So Special?
- Flax seeds are very low in Carbohydrates. So you can your fill without worrying about putting on weight. In fact, this low carb food can help you in losing weight quickly.
- Flax seeds are high in fibre. This super food is extremely fibre rich. This means you have a great friend that will fill you up quickly and will also clean up your insides more eficiently.
- Flax seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. This particular type of fatty acids fight against inflammation. If you do not eat fish, flax seeds are your vegetarian alternative.
- Flax seeds contain phytochemicals which are of benefit to the human body. They are high in antioxidants and lignans. Lignans are chemicals which balance female hormones, promote fertility and reduce peri-menopausal symptoms.
When you include flax seeds in your diet, you need to take care of two things.
1. Drink a lot of water with flax seeds because they are so high in fibre.
2. Do not eat flax seeds whole because you will not get any nutrients like this. To get maximum benefit, grind the flax seeds and add to your favotite foods/dishes.