There are a lot of women out there who are forever trying to lose weight. The battle of the bulge becomes a way of life for these women. Are you one of them? Do you also keep trying every new fad diet that arrives on the weightwatchers circuit? So why do the diets fail every time? Read on and find out...
Who Do Diets Fail?
1. Diets Make You Hungry and Unhappy: Nobody is happy to follow a reducing diet. They are just like a chore that needs to be done but nobody enjoys doing it. Moreover, diets also keep you hungry,grumpy and dissatisfied. How long can you stick with that?
2. Diets are Boring: Most diets brand certain foods as good for you and everything else is banned. This makes the food pattern very boring an unimaginative. The monotony makes diets hard to follow for long.
3. Diets Lower your Metabolism: This means that as you restrict your calories, you start losing muscle mass as well. When that happens, the metabolism goes down. So with every passing day, you have to deny yourself a little bit more than the previous day in order to maintain your weight or lose some. Tough luck!
4. Diets Cannot Help With Emotional Eating: If you are an emotional eater, diets cannot help much. Whatever little bit you lose in a week shall come back within an hour if you give in to emotional eating.
5. Diets are Time Bound: Most people who diet think of it as a temporary adjustment in eating habits, assuming that they can go back to previous lifestyle after getting to their desired weight. But if at all you succeed in losing weight, it shall come back (with a little extra) if you go back to your old ways. So you lose and you gain again...futile!
The trick to losing weight with adjustments in eating habits is to make the adjustments a part of your life. Think of the diet as a lifestyle change and not as a temporary solution. So it is better to bite only that which can be chewed. Take little steps towards your weight loss goals, which incidentally should not be set too high. Good Luck!