Can long flights ever be relaxing? Most people associate long flights with tiredness and jet lag that lasts for at least 2 days. So how can you relax on a long flight? Read on to find out:
1. Dress For Comfort. When flying long distance, prefer comfort over looks. So chuck the high heels and choose sensible slippers. Similarly, choose clothing that's worn and comfortably loose.
2. Music That Soothes. When choosing music for your flight, go for melodious soothing music instead of the hard rock variety. Old Bollywood numbers are perfect.
3. Take A Book. The book will help you relax and possibly fall asleep. It is an enjoyable way to pass the time without feeling anxious or bored.
4. Deep Breathe. We often forget to breathe properly when stressed. So remember to do deep breathing exercises for 5 minutes after every 20-30 minutes. This will help you relax completely. You just need to remind yourself to keep breathing right.
5. Take A Walk. Don't just keep sitting in your cramped chair. Stand up every couple of hours and walk around. Doing a few stretching exercises is not a bad idea.
6. Carry Your Pillow. Some people cannot sleep when on a strange bed in a strange room. So it seems difficult to fall asleep on a flight. But if you carry your favorite pillow or blanket with you, sleep will come easier.
7. You Don't Have To. If the person seated next to you is constantly talking, respond in the way you want to. If you don't feel like talking, you don't have to. Just politely drop a hint.
8. Blackout. If light disturbs your sleep, pack an eye mask. Most airlines provide one on board, but it is not a bad idea to pack one just in case.
The idea is to keep your mind and body relaxed. Try to sleep at your normal sleeping time. These tips should help you in flying to your destination without tiring yourself out.